Friday, February 26, 2010

My new toy!

Let me introduce you to my new friend.......MY NEW LAPTOP! 

I am writing this blog post from the table in my craft room. Oh...how wonderful it is! Excuse the mess on my craft room table....I am in the middle of 2 projects that the arrival of the laptop delayed. Ha ha! Our house has officially become wireless and we're finally catching up with the rest of the world.   I bought a wireless mouse for it today.  I just don't jive with the built in mouse thing....just a big ol' pain if you ask me!  ha ha! 

Let me backtrack a little bit to Valentine's Day.  I have posted since then, but I never posted the pictures of my surprise from Lanny.  He totally shocked me this year!  I walked into our kitchen to find this on the kitchen table....




The roses were such a beautiful peachy pink shade on the tops.  They just got prettier the older they got since they were opening up. 

I also received a special delivery from Lanny's mom a couple of weeks ago.  Before Lanny's grandma passed away, she had made 3 of the following quilt.  Only one of them was ever totally finished (Lanny's mom has it).  The other two only had the squares done.  Lanny's awesome great-aunt Jeanette finished them both.  It's so beautiful and I can't imagine how many hours went into creating it.  Each state is represented on the quilt with an outline of the state, state name, date they joined the union, which # state they were to join the union, state bird, state flower, and it's marked if they were one of the 13 original colonies.  Here are several pictures of my quilt (it's king size)...



This quilt should be hanging somewhere.....it's so beautiful! 

Lanny is off this entire weekend.  Not sure what we are going to do yet, since our plans to visit Lanny's family have been cancelled.  Hopefully, we'll get to visit with them anyways if they come up this way to visit Uncle Wayne in the hospital.  Please keep him in your prayers.  He's got a long road ahead of him.

God Bless!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you!