Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm still here!

Oh my...it's been a long time since I last blogged.  I did think about it almost daily, but I just couldn't get myself in the mood to do it.  Let's see...what's been going on since February...lol?  It seems like we've skipped straight from Winter to Summer!  I'm not happy about that since I don't like being hot.  I've taken on several projects here lately both in and outside the house to keep myself busy and to take advantage of the warm weather before the Tennessee humidity arrives.

One of the projects that I took pictures of is the "redo" of my rotating spacerack.  I threw out the spices I have never used (some had never even been unsealed) and relabeled them to hold the spices I do use regularly. Here is the before picture....

Here is the after picture.  Isn't it so much easier to read now!!!

NEW PATIO FURNITURE
 I am so excited about this!  The first Summer we lived here, we had nothing but a grill on our patio.  Last Summer, my parents loaned us the furniture from underneath their deck that no one sits on and we found out just how much we adore being able to enjoy our patio.  Now we FINALLY have our own comfy patio furniture.   It really is crazy just how much patio furniture costs!  We wanted something that came in one set for one price.  Who knew that that was going to be something that was so hard to find!  Walmart had exactly what we wanted.  Here are a couple of pictures...


Just had to share a picture of my cute plant basket with violas in it that sits on the patio "coffee table."


OUR RAISED GARDEN
Just last Saturday, Lanny and I built our own raised vegetable garden.  Plans right now are for tomatoes, cucumbers, zuccinni, squash, and Lanny wants some watermelons.  Before I show you pictures of our garden, here is the link to the instructions to build your own...  Build Your Own Raised Garden

This first picture shows the finished structure before we added another row of chicken wire on the bottom (to keep the pesky moles out) and weed paper on top of that.

This 2nd picture is with the dirt/manure mixture in it.  We bought dirt because our Gladeville clay dirt just wasn't gonna work.   We are still gonna add another inch or two of dirt before we plant.  Oh...ignore our jungle yard...we have been watering our yard like crazy to try and get some grass seed to grow.  Lanny is actually mowing right now as I type. 


Lanny and I hope that everyone can come and sit on our patio very soon!  We'd love to have ya! 
God Bless!

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. love the pics, and your background! I would go to the website, to check out where you got it, but I think I would be too tempted to change the ones I have on both of mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you!