Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Questions

I have pictures of my Christmas decorations on my camera that I need to post, but until then I have answered some Christmas questions....

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Anybody who knows me, knows that I LOVE wrapping gifts and then putting big bows and fun gift tags on them.  I do have a few gift bags for small things, but I am 97% wrapped gifts.  It just makes the tree look pretty. I always have a wrapping paper theme too....it's red & white this year.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial that's pre-lit.  I haven't had a real tree since I was a little girl (don't really remember it either) so it's normal to have a fake tree for me.

3. When do you put up the tree?
When I have the time.  This year it was a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving because that is when Lanny was off work to help me.  I wanted to be able to enjoy it for as long as possible since I love Christmas!

4. When do you take the tree down?
Sometime between the 26th and New Years.  Again...whenever I can get help from Lanny.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Never had it.  My mom makes boiled custard, but I don't really like it either.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
 NKOTB concert tickets in the 5th grade.  My parents let me open a gift early after church and I screamed when I opened the box...we have that on video.  lol

7. Hardest person to buy for?
 My husband.  When you ask him if there is anything he wants, he will just say not to buy him anything.  He just makes it harder on everybody.  lol

8. Easiest person to buy for?
 My mom.  She's very easy to please ;o)

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yep....I have the Willow Tree Nativity and I LOVE it.  Lanny gave it to me for Christmas last year and my in-laws have helped me complete it this year.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail mail mail!  Have you ordered your Christmas Photo Cards yet?  ;o)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Ok, it wasn't really a bad gift.  lol  I just choose to bug Lanny about it now.  For our VERY FIRST Christmas together, he bought me tickets to the Ringling Bros. Circus and a GIANT F.A.O. Schwartz teddy bear.  Now, I know he had heard me mention the circus and I'm not sure about the bear. lol  BUT.....I didn't want that for our first Christmas. Needless to say, I was not exactly elated when I opened up those tickets in front of his parents. lol

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually in September or October.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Nope....don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Everything....except country ham.

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)?
Nothing will do but white lights for me!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We go to my parents about 20 minutes away and to my in-laws about 2 hours away.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Yep....because I know the song.

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree?
Star on the top of both of my trees.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We've done both.  Depends on when and where we have to go.

22. Favorite children's Christmas song?
The Chipmunk Christmas song.  LOVE IT!

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Rude people EVERYWHERE!

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? 
Red, white, and silver ....the majority of my tree is made up of those colors.

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day?
Ham

26. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Gift cards to get clothes!

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa?
No.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was?
Not sure.....4th grade maybe....I believed longer than most I think.

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider?
Hot chocolate

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors?
Traditional for me.  I like red, white, and silver too.

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof?
Nope....I would have to be the one getting up there and that ain't happening.

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key?
Chimney

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards?
Gifts....just not clothes. I love getting gift cards to buy clothes though.

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon?
I always loved the "Mickey's Christmas Carol."

Ok, it's your turn now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love to hear from you!